Are you searching for the perfect home for your family? Fredericksburg, VA is a suburban area, chocked-full of family fun! From bowling to painting to swimming, the area has everything a family needs for a weekend outing. Below is a list a just a few options to help you understand what Fredericksburg has to offer.
10 Family Fun Activities in Fredericksburg, VA
- Central Park Funland. Central Park Funland has over 20 attractions for the whole family to enjoy. Spend your energy playing laser tag, climbing rock walls, or racing go-karts. Then take a break to play some arcade games, choosing from over 100 video, ticket, and prize games.
- Children’s Theater. At the Riverside Center in Fredericksburg, VA, your family can experience the magic of live theater through a family-friendly show. You can choose to eat lunch at the theater as well. The menu includes kid-friendly options consisting of hot dogs, fruit, chips, juice boxes, and cookies. Though the shows favor a younger audience, the whole family will enjoy the experience.
- Carriage Tour of Fredericksburg, VA. Olde Towne Carriage company will take your family on a leisurely carriage ride through “America’s Most Historic City.” The rides have a six passenger limit, ensuring a special ride every time. You may also choose the George Washington Carriage Tour. During this ride you will follow in the former president’s footsteps through town.
- Watch a Feature-Film. Paragon Theaters has 12 different theaters with stadium seating to comfortably entertain your family. 3D theaters are also available at this location. Looking for a night away from the kids? Enjoy a movie in their 21+ Premier Level Auditorium.
- Bowl. Connected to Paragon Theaters is Splitsville Luxury Lanes. This bowling alley is complete with 16 lanes, billiard tables, and a full arcade. If you become hungry grab a bite from their menu, complete with sushi for the fish-lovers in your family.
- Take a Cooking Class. Champion Chefs in Fredericksburg, VA offers cooking classes for the entire family. Students will learn time management, safe knife skills, and food safety techniques through a series of classes.
- Take Art Lessons. Kingdom Inspiration Studio offers classes for young children, teens, and adults. During the classes you learn how to use several different art mediums and techniques. Remember to let your creative juices flow!
- Skyzone Trampoline Park. Take your energetic kids to the trampoline park, where they can jump, joust, dunk, and walk on a skyline.
- Get Outdoors. Visit one of Fredericksburg, VA’s many parks and outdoor areas to hike, walk, bike, or soak up the sun. Fredericksburg also has a local beach on the Rappahannock for your family to relax at.
- Shop at a Farmer’s Market. Get your weekly shopping done and enjoy supporting local growers near Fredericksburg. Your whole family will enjoy the all-natural experience.
These family friendly activities will make Fredericksburg, Virginia a home to your entire family.