Located 15 miles north of Historic Old Town Fredericksburg and 35 miles south of Washington D.C., the Hampton Oaks neighborhood is an attractive option for families that want a quiet, safe home with plenty of amenities. The Marine Corps Base at Quantico is less than a twenty-minute commute away, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers building is just a few minutes further.
- Demographics: The median household income for Hampton Oaks is $90,536, significantly higher than the Virginia average of $66,262. There are 806 single family homes with an average estimated value of $388,859. The 166 town-homes are a more affordable option, with an average value of $201,596. Within the neighborhood most homeowners are Caucasian.
- Schools: One perk for families living in Hampton Oaks is the proximity to the Hampton Oaks Elementary School. Located in the heart of the neighborhood, the Hampton Oaks Elementary School, is a well-rated Pre-K to 5th grade school. The school is home for many military families and offers high level education. For your 6th to 8th grade students, H.H Poole Middle School has high performance ratings and is less than a mile away. This school offers a wide rage of sports programs and other extracurricular activities. North Stafford High School is one of five high schools in the county. The school offers a wide variety of classes that other schools in the area do not offer. Though diverse, the students come together with school spirit.
- Recreation: Hampton Oaks is a great location for active families. Residents are able to enjoy a swimming pool, tennis courts, playground, sidewalks and trails, and common areas. During the summer months Hampton Oaks pool becomes home of the Hurricane Swim Team. Looking for Parks? Smith Lake Park and Widewater State Park Beach on the Potomac are short drives from the neighborhood.
- Dining: For groceries, the Walmart Supercenter and Aldi are convenient, with Target right on I-95. Panera Bread and Buffalo Mo’s Tap & Grill are good family options. From KFC to McDonald’s, there are plenty of fast-food restaurants to choose from.
Located 1.5 miles south of Hampton Oaks, the neighborhood of Austin Ridge is home to 827 single family homes. With plenty of great amenities and proximity to Embrey Mill Park, Austin Ridge is another great neighborhood in Stafford, VA. While more secluded than Hampton Oaks, it is still very close to I-95 and just 19 minutes from Quantico.
- Demographics: Austin Ridge has a median sales price of $400,000 and the median income is between $70,000 and $80,000. 70% of residents are homeowners and about half of the households have children.
- Schools: Anthony Burns Elementary School is the closest public elementary school to Austin Ridge, however, Hampton Oaks Elementary, to the north, and Winding Creek Elementary, to the west, may also be assigned. H.H. Pool and Rodney E. Thompson are both excellent middle school options. Colonial Forge High School is a higher rated option than North Stafford.
- Dining: Enjoy a freshly baked cinnamon roll or breakfast slider at Grounds Bistro or try the gnocchi at Zibibbo 73 Trattoria. Austin Ridge also has very easy access to all the same restaurants and grocery stores as Hampton Oaks.
- Recreation: Looking for an outdoor adventure? It is only a short drive to Crow’s Nest Natural Area Preserve where you and your family can enjoy hiking trails and kayaking. You can also play a game of soccer or pop into the swimming pool at Embrey Mill Park.
If you are looking to get away from it all then Augustine is for you. Augustine is more secluded than Austin Ridge or Hampton Oaks and is located a bit further from I-95 and Quantico (25 minutes). Augustine North and Augustine at the Glens are smaller neighborhoods of 400 homes.
- Demographics: Augustine is a mostly Caucasian neighborhood with a median household income of $158,911. Augustine offers a variety of luxurious homes typically around the mid $500’s. 83% of residents are homeowners and 46% of households have children.
- Schools: Winding Creek Elementary School, Rodney E. Thompson Middle School, and Colonial Forge High School are all less than 2 miles away.
- Dining: The Augustine Grill is an upscale restaurant on the golf course or grab some ribs from Doveshack’s Smoked BBQ. Other dining options are slightly further away, near Hampton Oaks and Austin Ridge.
- Recreation: Although Augustine is a little more removed enjoy a relaxing day at the Augustine Golf Course.