Hickory Ridge was the original neighborhood established near the Leeland Virginia Railway Express (VRE) commuter station, with homes built between the 1970’s and 2000. The neighborhood is located just off Rt.1 and minutes away from the VRE station. Many of the homes in the neighborhood have been remodeled with fantastic upgrades.
- Demographics: Hickory Ridge is a well maintained neighborhood where you’ll find children playing and military service members jogging along the streets. The median household income for the neighborhood is $60 and $75 thousand.
- Schools: Children in the neighborhood attend the four-star rated Conway Elementary School, Donald B. Dixon-Lyle R. Smith Middle School, and Stafford High School.
Around the corner from Hickory Ridge is Leeland Station. This is a growing community with several new sections. From right inside the community, residents can catch the VRE at Leeland Station to Quantico and Washington D.C. It’s also easily accessible to Interstate-95 and U.S. 1 for easy commuting.
- Demographics: New homes priced in the mid $300, 000 are currently under construction. The neighborhood has a community of over 600 homes and a median household income of $110,672.
- Schools: Residents in Leeland station have two elementary school choices of Lafayette Upper Elementary School or Hugh Mercer Elementary School. For kids in middle school the neighborhood of choice is Walker-Grant Middle School and the high school of choice is James Monroe High School.
- Recreation: Throughout the year there are many family fun activities sponsored by the Leeland Station Community Association. Leeland Station is also home to one of the best summer swim teams in the Rappahannock Swim League, the Leeland Express. Looking to get outside? You can walk, run or bike one of the many trails that line the neighborhood.
The Ingleside Kings Grant community has gorgeous luxury estate homes with acreage. The long winding road leading into the community, covered driveways and private tennis courts give evidence of the upscale lifestyle.
- Demographics: The median home price is $402,000 and a median household income is $153,660. The average age of the neighborhood is 45 years old and most households have children.
- Schools: The schools for this neighborhood are either Lafayette Upper Elementary School or Margaret Brent Elementary, Rodney E. Thompson Middle School and Mountain View High School.
- Recreation: An equestrian center features a community barn and stables for your horses. Ingleside is also closely related to River Road Park on the Rappahannock River and The Gari Melchers Home, a National Historic Landmark and historic house museum.
Preserve at Smith Run:
The Preserve at Smith Run is one of Fredericksburg Area’s fastest growing neighborhoods. It is conveniently located close to everything your family will need and just off of Interstate-95, but you would never know it from the quietness of the neighborhood.
- Demographics: Home prices range from $315,000 to $549,000.
- Schools: The schools for this neighborhood are Hugh Mercer Elementary, Walker-Grant Middle School and James Monroe High School.
- Recreation: You can either walk to nearby Central Park or drive there within minutes. Central park has ample shops and restaurants like, Peter Chang China Café, Pueblo’s Tex Mex Grill and The Melting Pot.